Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mt. Baker Summit

As previously noted, I am a bit behind on adding posts, so I am now attempting to catch up starting with July.

Ryan, his two brothers, and their dad conquered Mt. Baker over 4th of July weekend and took some amazing pictures of their adventure. From everything I heard about their hike, it sounds like it was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime, awesome experience. It looks like it from the pictures!

The victorious mountain men!


Look how steep this icy mountain was for them to hike!


Even better... hiking the scary, steep, slippery mountain in the dark!


My handsome mountain man!


The Barrett brothers! They kind of look like brothers don't you think? Same height. Same ears. :-)


Even before it got icy they were doing dangerous, slippery stuff! Good thing I was not there to protest. I never would have made it on that hike.


To get to the trail head, they were towed behind motorcycles on their bikes. Pretty creative form of transportation. They really loved it and made good time up to the beginning of the trail.


So beautiful with the green grass and the snow.


Here are the brave mountaineers with their goal towering behind them. Quite an accomplishment to have made it to the top and back in just a couple of days!

No comments: