Saturday, June 20, 2009

Canoeing on Lake Washington

On one of the first perfectly sunny, summery days after Ryan's finals were over, we rented a canoe and went on a fun canoeing adventure around Lake Washington.
Here's "Ryan the Rower."
We got really close to this heron before it flew away.
It was so pretty and jungle-like in some areas. I felt like we were rowing on the Amazon . . . kind of . . . except that I wasn't scared of the wildlife.
Us in our trusty canoe.
Here's another heron flying away from us. There were so many of them
on the lake!
I thought these goslings were ducks at first. Big babies!
This mama duck wasn't too happy about us following her, but we couldn't resist. Look how cute her fuzzy, little ducklings are!
"Debi the Rower." You can see the UW stadium in the background. Ryan's school is in a really pretty place!

No comments: